- Type some sample text "have a nice day"
- Change the text to the font/format you want.
- Click the dropdown menu that says "Normal text"
- Click on the arrow to the right that appears.
- Click on the option "Update Normal text to match"
- You have now set the default font for the current document, To set this font as the default for all new documents:
- Click on "Normal text" again
- At bottom of menu, Click on Options (the gear)
- Click Save as my default styles
If you are constantly adjusting fonts in new docs, this could save you some time.